Pages

Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Tuesday Intro- Orphan Train


My Tuesday Intro pick is from Orphan Train by Christina Baker Kline. I have a review coming up on Thursday for TLC and wanted to share the intro with my friends.


Prologue
I believe in ghosts. They're the ones who haunt us, the ones who have left us behind. Many times in my life I have felt them around me, observing, witnessing, when no one in the living world knew or cared what happened.
  I am ninety-one years old, and almost everyone who was once in my life is now a ghost.

Would you keep reading based on this opening?

11 comments:

  1. Sounds sad, yes I would read on

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would definitely keep reading ;) Of course it might be because I've read this and loved it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is on my TBR list! I am in a paranormal, romance, historical mood now so it will a bit later.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been reading quite a few reviews on this one and it definitely seems like one I'd like to try. Love the intro as well. Thanks for joining us Staci.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been wanting to read this ever since I finished The Chaperone.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Would certainly keep on reading.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my yes! I've had this one on my tbr list to read...the cover alone would have me picking it up

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would, and I have this on my TBR pile right now :) thanks

    ReplyDelete
  9. As you know I absolutely loved this book. I can't wait for your thoughts on it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes! I watched a documentary on the Orpan Train and would love to know more.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!