Pages

Wednesday, January 16, 2013

After the Rain - Six Sentence Bookish Thoughts # 72




What After the Rain is about:
A novel set in the picaresque town of Walton, Georgia, where one woman is about to discover that the best journey is the one that brings you home.…

I know it sounds a bit cliche', but I was hooked by page 2 of this story and basically read until I finished the book! I loved this sequel and thought White did a fabulous job of putting the reader right back in lives of the characters from Falling Home. Oh my did I fall in love with the southern town of Walton, Georgia and yes, I fell in love with many of the people who walked those quaint streets. White has a way with creating a story line that doesn't seem far-fetched. My heart broke a few times as Joe learned how to be a parent without his beloved wife, how to trust another person with his children, and to allow himself the freedom to love again. Each character added something to this story and left an impression on my heart.

Recommend? Oh my, yes!!! But please read Falling Home first. It adds extra depth to this story and the characters might not really get to you without doing so!!

Source: Karen White and Fiona Brown @ Penguin Group
Disclaimer: Thank you to Penguin Group and Karen White for sending me a review copy. I was not compensated for my review. My thoughts on this book were in no way influenced by the author or publicist.They are my personal reflections based solely on MY experience while reading this novel.




Bookish Thoughts #72
© 2013, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.

21 comments:

  1. This sounds really good! You do select great books to read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great review, Staci. I really liked Falling Home so this is moving higher on the TBR list.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the heads-up on reading the earlier book first. Glad u loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haven't heard of this author but I take your recommendation to heart!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm so behind on my Karen White books. This one and Falling Home sound great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Although I'm a huge fan of Karen White, I didn't love Falling Home so I took a pass on this one. Now I'm bummed, sounds like I might really enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love stories about home. I read one of her other books and it didn't sit well with me but I'm willing to give her another shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ohhhhhhh this sounds delish!!!!!! Adding to my list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really must get a copy of Falling Home so I can read this one too. White is so readable, isn't she? I love her writing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Definitely will be reading this one. I love Karen's books.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I didn't know this was a sequel. Thanks for pointing that out. I will read the first book then before this one because it sure sounds good.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Going on my list with Falling Home first :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I didn't read Falling Home first, but I still loved this one.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Joe's story broke my heart in Falling Home, so I really can't wait to read this one and see what happens next!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I haven't read Falling Home yet and there's already another one? They are both going on my list. I trust your judgement.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Karen Whte is a master at what she does. Pg 2, though? That's quite an accomplishment.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Adding Falling Home to my TBR list right now! I've only read one book by this author but I really enjoyed it and need to get back to her. And the books you read always sound SO good :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I now have Falling Home on my wish list. Not sure why it wasn't there before. I need to read more Karen White!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I read Falling Home last year, but I'm sure once I begin, the characters will come alive for me again. I loved it...that much I do recall!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lordy, I haven't even read Falling Home yet. I gotta get moving!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!