Pages

Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sprinkle with Murder- Bookish Thoughts #45

What Sprinkle with Murder is about:

Melanie Cooper and Angie DeLaura are finally living out their dream as the proud owners of the Fairy Tale Cupcakes bakery. But their first big client is a nightmare. She's a bridezilla who wants 500 custom cupcakes for her wedding.

When Mel stumbles upon the bride-to-be dead-by-cupcake, she becomes the prime suspect. To save themselves and their business, the ladies need to find the real murderer, before the cupcake killer ices someone else.


I am always looking for a great cozy series that I can fall into effortlessly and when it's done walk away with a smile of contentment. This was one of those books for me. Who can resist two best friends who have walked away from secure jobs to chase their dream of owning their own business? Further more, who can resist a cozy when it revolves around cupcakes!!?? I thought the characters were interesting people and I genuinely liked them. And to top it off, the culprit was not someone I immediately suspected...love it when that happens!!

Recommend? Most certainly! If you're looking for a new series to start, I think this one has a lot of potential. McKinlay has written four books so far with the fifth one to be released next year. You have plenty of time to get caught up!!!

Cupcake Mystery Series Book #1

Source: Public Library

Bookish Thoughts #45

© 2012, Staci of Life in the Thumb. All Rights Reserved. If you reading this on a site other than, Life in the Thumb or Staci's feed, be aware that this post has been stolen and is used without permission.


 

15 comments:

  1. When I read this one, Jenn McKinlay quickly became of my favorite cozy writers. The next couple of books are even better! Glad you liked this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One of my girlfriends loves cozy mysteries and today when I visit the bookstore, I think I'll pick this up for her as a little surprise gift.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love food cozies! I did read one in this series: "Buttercream Bump-off" but wasn't that crazy about it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This definitely sounds like a cute fun cozy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. And I am looking for a cozy series to start :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Have you changed your layout or am I out of it? Either way, your blog looks great and the book sounds like fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've started a list of mystery series for fall and winter. This sounds like a good one too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like fun, Staci! I'll put it on the list :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. My mom snatched my copy of this book before I could read it. LOL! I need to get it back!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have a librarian friend who loves cozy mysteries involving desserts - especially cupcakes. :) I didn't even know it was a sub-genre until she told me about it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never been able to let myself go and really enjoy the foodie mysteries. It always feels like the food is taking over the story but in this case I guess that works!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm not much into cozy mysteries but it sounds fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. This was from the last line of my review for this one
    "I didn’t like that all I wanted to do after reading this was go buy a gourmet cupcake!"
    LOL! Actually I'm going by a gourmet cupcake place later and it's going to be hard to resist.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!