What Firefly Lane is about:
Spanning more than three decades and playing out across the ever-changing face of the Pacific Northwest, Firefly Lane is the poignant, powerful story of two women and the friendship that becomes the bulkhead of their lives.
Why I wanted to read it: My sister-in-law loved this book and she said I would too, so she mailed it to me!
Source: My lovely and generous SIL- Heather
- I am a sucker for books that are about women and their friendships. This one was so fantastic! I loved every single page...I mean it...every single page.
- I adored the way the author broke up the book into decades! Even though I was pretty young in the 70s' I do remember some of the things that Tully and Katie talked about. Most especially the huge crush on David Cassidy!!! And who could forget all of the iconic hair-dos of Farrah Fawcett, Dorothy Hamill, and of course, Jennifer Aniston.
- I always wanted a real friendship like the one that Tully and Katie experienced. Unfortunately, I can't say that I hada friend like that from high school. But, as I've gotten older I have made friendships that I believe will sustain me into my sunset years!!
- I thought the ending was wonderful. Granted it was sad, but it was just done so well. I think it's a rare friendship were two people know each other so well, warts and all!
- The author included a playlist! If you have been reading my blog for very long, you know that I love to read the Behind The Novel/Author's words first. Well, I could kick myself for not doing it this time because I would have enjoyed listening to the music while reading this book!! So make sure you do that!!
I loved this book! I am proud to admit that I enjoy "Chick Lit" and am now eager to read more of Kristin's books. Lucky for me, Julie (scrappy genius and friend) sent me True Colors, which I will be reading in the upcoming months!! Yay for great friends and Yippee for books that really touch my heart!