Pages

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Waiting on Wednesday Pick!

  • Pub. Date: April 2010
  • Publisher: Simon & Schuster Adult

Another season of Elm Creek Quilt Camp has come to a close, and Bonnie Markham faces a bleak and lonely winter ahead, with her quilt shop out of business and her divorce looming. A welcome escape comes when Claire, a beloved college friend, unexpectedly invites her to Maui to help launch an exciting new business: a quilter’s retreat set at a bed and breakfast amid the vibrant colors and balmy breezes of the Hawaiian Islands. Soon Bonnie finds herself looking out on sparkling waters and banyan trees, planning quilting courses, and learning the history and intricacies of Hawaiian quilting, all the while helping Claire run the inn.
As Bonnie’s adventure unfolds, it quickly becomes clear that Claire’s new business isn’t the only excitement in store for her. Her cheating, soon-to-be ex-husband decides he wants her stake in Elm Creek Quilts, which threatens not only her financial well-being but her dearest friendships as well. Luckily she has the artistic challenge of creating her own unique Hawaiian quilt pattern to distract her—and new friends like Hinano Paoa, owner of the Nä Mele Hawai‘i Music Shop, who introduces Bonnie to the fascinating traditions of Hawaiian culture and reminds her that love can be found when and where you least expect it.
 this fun meme brought to us by

*** I know that this has been released but I'm 
anxiously waiting my turn for it from my library!!!!!!!!!!

19 comments:

  1. What unique premise. Great setting too. Sound like a winner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Except for the divorce stuff...lol...i wanna have her life in maui!!! sounds like a great book! :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope your turn comes quickly. I try to read and return a book that I know others are waiting for as fast as I can!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, this sounds great! I love quilts, even though I don't know how to make one!...and the whole plot about retreating and then facing more unexpected challenges...fabulous.

    Here's mine:

    http://chezraine.wordpress.com/2010/04/14/waiting-on-wednesday-5/

    ReplyDelete
  5. This sounds great. I've always intended to read this series - guess I should start at the beginning, though.

    And how wonderful to have a friend with a bed and breakfast in Maui!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awww this one looks really good! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't read this series, but I'm so intrigued by this one. Great pick! Hope you're enjoying South of Broad!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It sounds like a good book to look forward too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this series and didn't realize that this one was out yet. I checked at my library and am now on the list to get it. Thanks for the info!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've only read one Elm Creek Quilter book. I'd like to read this one.

    ReplyDelete
  11. The author is going to be in town next week, but I don't think I can make the signing :(

    ReplyDelete
  12. I don't know why I haven't read this series yet. I actually own one of the books. I need to get to it, don't I?

    ReplyDelete
  13. This sounds like a great book! I will have to add it to my ever growing list!

    ReplyDelete
  14. would love to go to Hawaii someday,thanks! for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That sounds like a great book! At least you won't have to wait long for it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am almost embarrassed to say this, but I haven't read (1) book in the series, and I know so many love her. ENJOY Staci

    ReplyDelete
  17. I've got to catch up on this series. I always enjoy reading them.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I keep thinking that I should really read this series. It does sound like something I'd really like. Hope you get to read it soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice pick, oh how I know about waiting for a library book ;)

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!