Pages

Monday, September 21, 2009

Mailbox Monday-September 21

Mailbox Monday
is hosted by Marcia at The Printed Page.
We share what books that we found in our mailboxes last week.



Here's what came for me last week!!

Sworn to Silence by Linda Castillo
** Thanks to Marcia and Read It Forward
In the sleepy rural town of Painters Mill, Ohio, the Amish and “English” residents have lived side by side for two centuries. But sixteen years ago, a series of brutal murders shattered the peaceful farming community. In the aftermath of the violence, the town was left with a sense of fragility, a loss of innocence. Kate Burkholder, a young Amish girl, survived the terror of the Slaughterhouse Killer but came away from its brutality with the realization that she no longer belonged with the Amish. Now, a wealth of experience later, Kate has been asked to return to Painters Mill as Chief of Police. Her Amish roots and big city law enforcement background make her the perfect candidate. She’s certain she’s come to terms with her past—until the first body is discovered in a snowy field. Kate vows to stop the killer before he strikes again. But to do so, she must betray both her family and her Amish past—and expose a dark secret that could destroy her.


The Cutting by James Hayman
** for a Pump Up Your Book Tour on November 10th.
Detective Sergeant Michael McCabe moved from New York City to Portland, Maine, to escape a dark past: both the ex-wife who’d left him for an investment banker, and the tragic death of his brother, a hero cop gone bad. He sought to raise his young daughter away from the violence of the big city . . . so he’s unprepared for the horrific killer he discovers, whose bloody trail may lead to Portland’s social elite.



What came in the mail for you?

25 comments:

  1. Dying Gasp by Leighton Gage. Not out till Jan. so I have time to read it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, this might be a stupid question, but was the first one listed written after that attack on the amish community awhile ago??? just curious if that is where the author got the inspo from??? hmmmmmmmm.....sorry, I'm a curious sort....but U know that...lol!!!!! Both sound like great books....love who-dun-it books :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Cutting Sounds like an exciting read.

    Here is my Monday post http://metroreader.blogspot.com/2009/09/mailbox-monday-september-21st.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sworn To Silence is one I would be drawn to. Sounds like a great premise for a story. I got one book in the mail - Stained Glass, which is part of a mystery series. It came from the publisher and I wasn't even expecting it! Have a great week Staci!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Cutting sounds like it could be good - I'll watch for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sworn to Silence is a fabulous thriller- kept me on the edge of my seat!

    Well, pretty soon you'll be getting something else shipped to you because you are the winner of the office chair! Congrats!! I'm sending you an e now so be on the lookout ~ subject will be winner at Pudgy Penguin Perusals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both of those sound quite dark and unsettling - perfect for this time of year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. They look interesting, I sure hope you will enjoy them
    Oh how I loved my week, since all the books I had ordered came the same week. i really should have spread it out

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love anything that has to do with the Amish. Sworn to Silence sounds like something I would really like!

    ReplyDelete
  10. They both sound like wonderful reads, I hope you enjoy them both.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great books! Loved Sworn to Silence. I'll have to add The Cutting to my list, never heard of that one. It sounds good.
    Have a great week!
    Natalie :0)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love the cover on Sworn to Silence, and the title and blurb makes it sound good. I finished the Book Thief last night--I cried.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'll look forward to your review of Sworn to Silence. Not sure if it's too graphic for my tastes or not. The Cutting looks excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow - that cover of Sworn to Silence is a bit chilling and fascinating. Happy reading.

    Here's my Mailbox! ~ Wendi :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Those both sound interesting. I'm looking forward to your thoughts. My mailbox post is here.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of The Cutting, but it looks like my kind of book!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Marcia is one of the most generous bloggers out there! I hope you enjoy your new books.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have Sworn to Silence on hold at the library and can't wait to get it in! I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  19. The nature of Sworn to Silence reminds me of 19th Wife. Like the mormons, Amish also presents to me as a mystery, I'd love to check it out. Great selections you've got there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. They both sound like intense thrillers but I am a little more drawn to Sworn to Silence.

    ReplyDelete
  21. These both sound really good! I'm going to add them to my list!

    ReplyDelete
  22. These look good, Staci! I am down to doing like one Mailbox Monday a month because I cut back so much on bringing in books. I need to catch up on what I have first, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  23. They both sound great, can't wait to see reviews for them.

    Isn't Marcia awesome, I received The Shimmer from her a few weeks ago!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I need to make a mailbox run to see if anything's waiting for me. I'm not expecting anything so it's doubtful. :-(

    I am looking forward to reading Sworn to Silence. It sounds like it will be good.

    Enjoy your new books, Staci!

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!