Pages

Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Library Loot- June 17th and Waiting on Wednesday


Library Loot hosted by Eva and Alessandra
asks us to list what we brought home from
the library this week.

I've been pretty good as I have only added 2 books to my stash this week!!! And now that summer is here and I'm off until Sept. 4 I have high hopes that I'll be able to plow through this pile faster!!!

Tallgrass by Sandra Dallas

** as I said in an earlier post, Kaye recommended this book to me and I can't wait to read it!!








The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency by Alexander McCall Smith

** I must see what all of the fuss is about...I know I'm sure to get hooked!!!







To Read List Total today 6/17/2009: 777
Last Week's To Read List total 6/10/2009: 766
Books Read in 2009 to date: 80
Number of Books Checked out from the library: 24

____________________________________________________________________



Waiting on Wednesday is hosted by
Jill over at Breaking the Spine
that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.


An Echo in the Bone by Diana Gabaldon
  • Hardcover: 992 pages
  • Publisher: Delacorte Press (September 22, 2009)
  • Language: English
  • ISBN-10: 0385342454
  • ISBN-13: 978-0385342452
Jamie Fraser, erstwhile Jacobite and reluctant rebel, knows three things about the American rebellion: the Americans will win, unlikely as that seems in 1778; being on the winning side is no guarantee of survival; and he’d rather die than face his illegitimate son — a young lieutenant in the British Army — across the barrel of a gun. Fraser’s time-travelling wife, Claire, also knows a couple of things: that the Americans will win, but that the ultimate price of victory is a mystery. What she does believe is that the price won’t include Jamie’s life or happiness — not if she has anything to say.


I've been in love with this series from the very first book
and I can't wait to step back into Jamie and Claire's lives again!!!

What book are you waiting for ?

19 comments:

  1. You're in for a treat when you read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have only read the first in this series. I need to get back to it because I enjoyed the first so much. The size of the books can just be so daunting sometimes.

    Mine WoW is here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay! You got the detective agency book. Let me know when you read it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. While I a waiting for An Echo In The Bone I am listening to the series!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm two books behind in the Outlander series! I really need to catch up. Love Jamie and Claire.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency either. If you get hooked that means I'll have to try them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've been looking at Tallgrass, so I'll be curious to see what you think. The No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency was great as an audiobook, too. Love your blog's new look!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm quite a fan of the Alexander McCall Smith series. The books are just good comfort reads. I've fallen behind by two books in the series I think so I need to catch up :)

    Enjoy your loot!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I hope you enjoy Alexander McCall Smith's book. I love that series. I know a lot of people who go in expecting it to be a real mystery novel, but it's not. It's much more about the characters and their lives.

    I've been wanting to read Tallgrass for awhile now. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it!

    I've yet to read a Diana Gabaldon book. Maybe someday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great pick! I'm one of the weird ones who have not read any by this author. (minority here i know :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. thanks for stopping by while I was out. We did have a nice vacation. Looks like some good books for summer reading.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm the only one I know who can't really get into the No 1 Ladies Detective Agency series, so I hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ohhhhhhhhhhhh these sound GOOD!!! But, I truly am shocked that there was ONLY TWO checked out by YOU!!! LOL :):):):):):):):):):):):):):):)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I am big fan of both the No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series and the Outlander series as well. I am definitely waiting with great anticipation for An Echo in the Bone!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I see you did get Tallgrass. That's a cool cover too. I read this first Ladies Detective book and I did like it. I've never read the rest though. I'm curious what you'll think of it.

    I'm waiting for Echo in a Bone too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I never really got into the whole No.1 Ladies...I read the first one, thought it was pleasant and never bothered with the rest. The television series was quite good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I can't wait for the new Diana Gabaldon either! Do you know when it's coming out? Guess I better get started re-reading the others!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I read The No. 1 Ladies' Detective Agency last summer, I didn't love it but it was ok.

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!