Pages

Friday, April 17, 2009

Book Review: Pretty Little Liars

Pretty Little Liars
by Sara Shepard
Published 2006
Genre: YA
304 pages

From Goodreads:

In the exclusive Philadelphia suburb of Rosewood, Alison is the Queen Bee of her elite seventh grade hive. BFs Aria, Hanna, Spencer, and Emily vie for her attention, even as each of them hides a hideous secret only Alison knows. So when Alison goes missing after a slumber party, never to be seen again, each girl is heartbroken, but also a little relieved. Now it is three years later, and though the four girls have grown apart, they are each still hiding something.When the girls begin receiving threatening text messages and emails that from someone known only as "A," they must confront the fact that against all odds, it appears Alison is back. Could Alison still be alive? And if so, why is she so determined to uncover all their dirty little secrets?


My thoughts:

I had passed this book several times when I was browsing at Barnes and Noble and I have to admit that the cover with the Barbie doll girl made me think "FLUFF" immediately. Boy was I wrong!! This book is smartly written with characters that come to life within the pages of the story. You get a peek into each of the girls lives since Alison has went missing and you learn little by little each of their dirty little secrets. Hiding in the background though is an even bigger secret that is shared by all of the girls, including Alison and someone out there knows all!!! The mystery behind the story has captivated me and I need to know what the 'SECRET' is and who is behind it all...could it be Alison? If you enjoy a great mystery with interesting characters and fast plot line then you just may enjoy this book which is the first in a series of 5 books to date.

Check out Pretty Little Liars Website for more information on this fantastic YA series!


Other Reviews:

J. Kaye's Book Blog
Book Girl's Bookshelf
Peeking Between the Pages

If I missed your review, let me know and I will link you!!!

9 comments:

  1. Sounds good, lol, I had the same thought about that cover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The cover screams 'fluff' to me, too! Glad you enjoyed it. Wish I was participating in the read-a-thon...sounds like this would be a good choice.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This does sound like a good read even though it might have been something that I passed by. Definitely adding it to the TBR list :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you liked this one too Staci. I agree on the covers. I thought the same thing yet the story is so much more than the covers. The sixth one I think it is coming out---it's called Killers I believe. I can't wait! The mystery only gets better.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are very attractive when you talk book... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just wanted to remind you about the read-a-thon tomorrow. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have to admit when I saw the cover I thought 'fluff' too. You're review changed my mind enough that I'm adding this to my list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw this one in the story this evening and didn't give it a second glance based on the cover. (I should hang my head in shame, judging a book by its cover!) Glad to know it's worth checking out. Thanks for the review.

    --Anna
    Diary of an Eccentric

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the feel of this blog, and your posts are amazing.I might pick up this book and see for myself. Now following you. Do pay my log a visit some time, and add a comment or to. But be careful, you might not want to leave. If you like, i would like to do a guest post, and maybe an author interview on your blog, thnks. http://theseven-piecestone.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hello Friends!! I want to take this moment to say thank you. Thank you for taking the time to visit my blog and thank you for leaving me a comment.

* Because of the excessive spam I have decided not to allow anonymous users to comment.

Happy Reading!